Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Intro

I’d like to open with an intro or a proposal, if you will, on what the idea of this blog is based upon. I intend to explore something which I have given some thought to time to time but cannot be easily defined. An idea that there is a fundamental level at which we all find a content state of being or as some may loosely state - ‘happiness’. Philosophers have debated over what happiness actually is for a long while and one of the most memorable quotes I’ve read to date is

“Happiness is an activity of the soul in accords to the perfect virtue” –Aristotle,

The key word her being “activity”, so not a place, object or possession. But all that aside my intension is to look at those ‘things’ in this world which transport us to that place of momentary calm and clarity (please note some of these 'things' themselves may not necessarily be a clam or clear activity but interesting to find still, for me at least, does something that not many other things can do).

I’m not in the habit or have any interest in stating things I know nothing of so will comment on experience in the forms of places, spaces and people I have encountered.

Hope you enjoy or at least find this mildly interesting.

- Sleeps

No comments:

Post a Comment