Thursday, December 30, 2010

Directional rock

I had her
On my arm
She hugged and clung
She could fall asleep on my shoulder
She would fall and fall
She would climb the rock that was me but not all the way
She would never climb all the way. Maybe it was the height. Maybe the dangerous fall.
Not a playful child, rather a sturdy place to sit.

I wake, slowly crack back and neck stone on stone.
Now clay when I see her. A subtle hint of hurt as she does not look this way.
Maybe she is too nervous to
Maybe she does not want to risk me seeing her look this way
Maybe looking this way has not even crossed her mind...
But I love waiting all the same. It's the only way I feel I feel in this way these days

Takes me back to waiting to wave. What interesting days they were :)

- Sleeps

No comments:

Post a Comment